From:
Ron Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 17:13:28 -0600
 People participating would pay in a set monthly amount, and in  return
would become foster parents to a specific ADV+ ferret.  Shelters would
participate only if they chose to, and if they did  participate, would be
expected to provide monthly updates  about the fostered ferret (probably
via email) to the foster parents.  Monies could be handles through Pay Pal.

Money would go into the non-profit, and then be paid out to the shelter.
Usually shelters that have similar programs ask for $10.00 or $15.00 a
month, but since these ferrets can be expected to require additional
medical care, maybe set the amount at $20.00.

Danee,

What a brilliant idea.  I think that your idea merits a lot of
consideration by everyone.  Especially since ADV will probably affect us
all at some point, if something isn't done about it.

$20.00 a month is a bit pricey, but I think it would be money well spent.

How would these shelters that wished to participate get their information
to the internet?

Thanks,
Fuzzie Dad & The Blurry Furry's
Rascal,Treble,Cocoa,Moose,Screech,
Hanna,Casey,Havoc,Dodger,Rainbow,
Squeeky,Midge,Taffy,& Blizzard
Never forgetting Loki,Spaz,Sampson,& Charlotte
http://www.geocities.com/fuzziedad