From:
Silver Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 01:51:40 -0400
I have just recently acquired 2 bottles of Timmy's Tonic for my Moxy who is
a 7+ year old ferret.  She has had the left adrenal gland removed and it
tested positive for adrenalcortical carcinoma.  She now has some more hair
loss ( tail only ) and a swollen vulva.  Because of her age and the fact
that we know that the cancer has probably spread,she is not a good
candidate for surgery.  The vet is afraid we will lose her on the operating
table if we operate at this point.  Right now she is acting well.  She eats
and drinks well and still does a pretty mean war dance for an old girl.  My
problem.....she absolutely hates the Timmy's Tonic.  Can I hide the tonic
in her duck soup and still expect good results?  It is a major fight to get
her to take it.  She WILL NOT take it on her own and she WILL NOT take it
from a syringe.  I feel guilty for the fight she gives me, when I try to
syringe her.  I'm afraid I'm doing her more harm.....she fights so hard.

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.  Gary, are you out there
reading this?  Please e-mail me directly or answer to the list.  I check
the list and my e-mail on a daily basis.

My deepest sympathy for all who have lost beloved ferrets recently.  I have
shed tears for you all.

Sally St. Germain and her 10 "Little Saints."
Hi.....my name is Sally.....I am a ferret-a-holic!!!!!