Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 06:59:07 -0700
>My kids favorite toys are sissal balls, hard jingle plastic balls any
>size (my Sarah used to take a small one with her front legs and tuck it
>under her chest holding it tightly with her front legs, scoot backwards
>with it -was the funniest thing to watch)

OMG, my Venus does the same thing with her crocheted jingle egg!  The
first time I saw her do it, it scared the crap out of me!  I couldn't
see the egg, just her scooting backwards like she was crippled.  After
I raced to her, heart pounding, to see what was wrong, I saw the egg.
Big sigh of relief!  I'd never seen a ferret do that before.  And yeah,
Terry, I agree, it is sooo funny to watch (well, once I knew what she was
doing, that is...lol).  Her other favorite toy is a ferret beanie baby.
She doesn't chew on it, just carries it around.  The funny thing is, she
never hides it.  When she's through with it, she just leaves it in the
middle of the floor.  Now Nicky's igloo is another story.  She will try
to hide it under the bed or drag it out to the living room to try to hide
it under the couch.  It's too funny watching her run down the hallway
dragging this thing that's twice her size!  There's not enough clearance
for her to get it under there, but that doesn't stop her from trying.
She has figured out though, that she can get it under the bed by
smooshing down the top till it's flat enough to fit.  Poor Nicky has to
go searching for his favorite napping place like 3 times a day.  Nicky
and Mars don't really play with toys, just each other and me.  Mars
likes the towel game, as does Venus, but that's about it.

Kathy and the kids,
Nicky, Venus & Mars