From:
Kym Isear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 1998 12:39:15 -0400
Hi, I have two wonderful little fets, Oso is 1 year old this month and his
little "sister" is about 8 to 10 weeks old.  Oso got hold of an unshelled
pistachio nut and bit in in 4 pieces.  I figured he would eat it without a
problem.  He has never liked treats before and thought one wouldn't hurt
him.  Out of their pillow came the little one, Widget, who moves much faster
than I remember Oso ever moving in his life.  She grabbed a piece of his
pistachio nut and ate it like she hadn't eaten before, which I will protest
right now, she has.  All she wants as a matter of fact!  She is still on
baby food and I was wondering are pistachio nuts OK for ferrets of any age
to eat?  I never had to worry about treats before, Oso never would eat them,
not even the ones designed for ferrets so if this is OK I'd like to give
thim one as a reward when he uses his litter box and not the stairwell or in
front of the oven!

Thanks for any advice,
Kym, Oso and Widget.