Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 18:42:02 -0500
Hello everyone.

I'm having a little bit of a problem and I don't really know what's wrong or
how to handle it.  I'm hoping someone will be able to provide me with some
kind of answers.

I had 5 ferrets up until last Thursday.  Then last Thursday I brought home
another little girl ferret.  They all seemed to adapt fine without any
problems.  Then this past Thursday I brought home another ferret, which was
a little boy.  (All my ferrets are girls except this newest addition.) They
all adapted fine to him without any problems.  But later that evening when I
took them out to play, one of my girls was acting scared.  She didn't act
this way when I first introduced her to the newest ferret so I don't think
its him she's afraid of.  She actually was one of my most active ferrets.
Now all she is doing is hiding under furniture and shaking, alot!  She's
scared of all noises and she hasn't been playing or even interested in
playing.  She slinks around behind the furniture most of the time and when
she is brave enough to come out she just walks around with her nose to the
ground sniffing everything.  When I hold her she shakes alot and holds on to
me real tight.  I can tell she's really afraid of something because she
holds real still and keeps looking around for something.  She is not
physically ill, she eats the same as before and sleeps fine.  I'm pretty
sure that she doesn't have a problem with the new ferrets.  I called the
vets and they didn't know what could be wrong but I should keep an eye on
her and if she doesn't improve in a couple of days I should bring her in for
an exam.

Well I think I've told you all I could think of.  I really hope somebody has
had this experience or knows what might be going on with my little girl.  I
am very worried, because I don't like to see my fuzzies unwell.  E-mailing
me directly is welcome.  Send to [log in to unmask]

Thanks.

Stephanie