From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 21:58:05 EDT
Hey and DookaDook !!

I've gotten a lot of response to my Fuzzy Soup story previously posted.
Funny - a lot of the EM's were from people named like Kit, Kat, Furball,
Cat - - hmmm is there a feline conspiracy here?

Anyway - the letters wanted to know (some begged :)) to know the "Secret
Recipe" for my Fuzzy Soup.  Well, I'll let you in on the secret.  And that
is ... there is no "secret".  It's nothing special like Bob C's Chicken
Gravy.  The Fuzzy Soup I feed my kids is just a basic Duck Soup recipe.  I
call it Fuzzy Soup basically for a reason.  Most people in the Portland
area take things sooo literally (Duck Soup?  You feed them DUCKS!!!!).  The
Fuzzy-Impaired always tend to believe ducks are a part of the recipe.  Of
course, The Ducks are a sports team out here :).

I use Science Diet AD canned cat food, about 2 tablespoons of Gerber Baby
Rice dry cereal, lotsa Nutri-Stat and Petro-Malt.  Mix it all up, blend in
some Pedialyte (non-flavored) until soupy.  Pour into bowls and, Fuzz
Apetit !!  If it is TOO watery, add more rice cereal.  You can make a paste
version if you wish.  The more the cereal content, the firmer the poop.  I
normally make a double batch and fill 3 dinner plates.  Normally, with my
group, it lasts about 10 minutes !!!!

For the new kids who first turn away from it, I usually have success by
wiping it on their mouth and letting them lick it off.  Then,
varrrrrroooooooooooommmmmmm - straight to the feed bowl!!!

I feed it to the kids on a regular basis as a special treat.  I figured it
keeps them healthy.  When I get a new fert I try to get them used to it
early on.  I think this is beneficial in that, God forbid, one of the kids
gets sick, I have no trouble feeding them by hand.  All my kids have to do
is SEE a syringe, and they are all in line for feeding :).  When Hershey
had a stomache flu, I had to design a large feeding tube cause the rest of
the kids wanted to be fed that way.  It was too much to keep refilling
syringes.  Especially when Kimo the Sumo Cat wanted some.  It took a bit
to fill his 15lb frame.

Are my kids spoiled??  NAH ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !  Just ask them !!!!!!!

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Critter Crew
Featuring the ~~~Terrific~~~Tumultous~~~Twelve~~~
~Furrice~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Socks~Cuddles~Java~Rascal (formerly
Caesar)~Miss Priss (formerly Pimp)~Cinna~
Introducing RACER (vrrrrrrooooooooooooommmmmm - see the racing stripe !!)
Guest STAR - ~Fur-Angel Lady~
Cast Appearance by - Geordi the Min-Pin
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert), Jada the
Min-Pin, and fellow ferts ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, and ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!