From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:37:32 -0800
>From:    Eric Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Ferret Heath care at risk in the UK
>
>Last summer Ferreter began claiming that Frontline drops were safe and
>affective with introduced into the ear canal to treat ear mites...

I've read this debate from day one....and NO Ferreter did not recommend
Frontline DROPS...she on several occassions stated, that she was talking
about the SPRAY .  She does not use drops on her ferrets and has said so
on more than one thread.

I too use frontline on my Dog,Cat and ferrets.  My vet(s) have told me I
can use the frontline safely on my ferrets, and I was told a year ago,
that the spray could also be used for ear mites, if they occur.  I use
the drops on my dog and cat .....but the spray on my ferrets, as a
preventive.

>Ferreter has consistently claimed that many UK vets routinely use
>Frontline to treat ear mites, and are quite happy to recommend its use.
>Yet every time I have asked her for the name of even one vet who holds
>this opinion she has refused to divulge it.

I've had several vets routinely tell me to use Frontline, and I would not
let you have their names.  After I saw emails and posts from you and your
buddies to those who have recommended it's use.  I would not put my vet
in such a position.

The treatment a persons ferret receives is between the vet and the
client.  I can't see it's any of E. Corbetts businness contacting
Ferreter's vet.

[SC]