From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 22:12:23 -0500
Reply Kym Zorn:

The first time I was helped by the FML was when I took Blossom outside for
the 1st time so she could run around some & I sat down on a Prickly Pear
cactus.  Managed to get most of the thorns out, but not all & requested
help on how to remove them, since I couldn't see them, only feel them.  I
was sent many suggestions & appreciated them all.

Then George who had only been with me about 3 weeks had to have emergency
surgery, thanks to the FML I knew how to supply post op care to a guy that
didn't feel like eating.  And received a lot of support when he didn't want
to go back to his regular food.

If it wasn't for the FML I wouldn't have had the fortune to learn about
Sammy & Max & to give them a home.  Or to receive the wonderful gift of
Bart who is an utter joy.  And Samantha also came to me through the FML.
And very recently through the kindness of a good man, (thank you again JD)
I am blessed with 3 more little ones, Mr. B, ShortTail, (soon to be Susie
Q) & Kid Cody who is a little rough around the edges but hopefully they
will round out.  They are the small treasures that have enriched my life.

I have learned how to totally mess up the kitchen with chopped chicken
chunks, blood & bone & what is the best diet I can give the ferrets, other
than live mice or chicks.  I have learned that poop should be studied but
not necessarily watched to the point of obsession.  I know that I am not
the only crazy person in the world especially when it comes to fuzzbutts.

I have been also gifted with many friends that I would other wise not have
met.  I am grateful to all of the wonderful people that write with so much
kindness in their hearts when a little one is lost, most especially when
they are facing heartbreak of their own.  It would be so much harder to go
through the losses if it wasn't for others who understand.

I am both happy & sad that I found the FML.  Happy because of all the good
it does, sad because of the few whose ambition in life seems to be to
destroy the good.  Let all the good folks rally together & keep the bad
from destroying this list.  On every keyboard there is a delete key, it
isn't hard to use.  You get nasty mail, delete it & forget it.  Don't
encourage anyone by answering it & keeping it alive.  It's ok to disagree
but not to hurt.  Treat others as you want others to treat you.

Lynn & Clan War Weasels