From:
zauberin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 06:40:23 -0400
I feed my ferrets fruit and crunchie treats.  Why?  Cause they like it.
Wow.  What a concept.  Giving them what they *like*.

My ferrets are not of a single brain with single likes and single dislikes.

Boo loves meat.  She loves hamburgers, Chili cheese burritos from Taco Bell,
hot dogs, fish, salami, turkey.  But she also likes blueberries, sour creme,
scrambled eggs, french fries, peas, carrots, noodles and cheese of any kind.

However, Tassie, Sturmie, Howie, and Bailey won't touch ANYTHING involving
meat with a ten foot, Ferretone coated pole.

So I'm not supposed to feed them those things simply beause they are not
meat?  That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

You feed them what won't hurt them, first off.  You feed them what they
like, PERIOD.

I refuse to be bullied into that line of thinking by people constantly
screaming about the fruit and crunchie treats, like I am the worst mommy in
the history of the world because I dared to buy them.  Get over it!

When my Bailey was recovering from Adrenal surgery that included parts of
her liver and spleen being biopsied and Insulinoma tumors removed, those
little round orange balls in the fruit and crunchie treats that we nicknamed
"cheese puffs" was ALL she would eat, and I thanked God for EVERY single one
she scarfed down.

I truely do not understand the overdramatic rants I read about these treats.
My ferrets are safe, loved beyond measure, and worshipped on a daily basis,
and THAT is all that matters, not some stupid treat can.

I clearly see that to each his own works on the mailing list, and I like
differing opinions, but I do not like to be told "Don't give me that..."
when it regards the care and welfare of my babies.  How extremely offensive
and personel.

If they eat meat and nothing else, wonderful!  If they eat fruits and
vegetables, so be it.