From:
Jon Buhagiar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 1996 13:15:33 -0700
Dear Friend,

I have just adopted my first little fuzzbutt and she is the cutest thing i
have ever seen.  Both my SO and I love her like our child.  She is of the
sable family and is a cinamon fur type.  She is my SO's little girl, her
name is Gizzie.  She is also about 8 weeks old, and boy is she playfull.
Like any child i expect this from her, but she is wild.  She is already
starting to bond to my wife, i can see it in the trust she gives her.

My biggest problem is that she is very very friskie and wild, she loves to
scratch us up with her claws.  My wife wants to get her declawed, but i
really am against that.  I feel that is an injustice to her.  But i also
know that she can be conditioned to be more tame.  Is this normal for
Fuzzbutts when they are young, and will she grow out of this wildness?  Is
there anything i can give her or do for her if she dosn't?  I heard of
something called ferret tone?  What is this?  and not that i am planning or
even thinking about this, but what does a adrenal operation do for a ferret?
Can some one please advise my so i can give my little Gizzie a good home
life...

    Thank You

     Jon B.