From:
Donna & Daniel Christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:39:29 -0600
I just got a most agonizingly tearfilled call, from a friend in Colorado
Springs, although Gerri and I have never met face to face, we deal with
the same sufferings from time to time.

Maru Himberger is insulinomic, and Gerri has been staving the inevitable
off long enough, after numerous crashes and being brought back, Maru is
ready to cross over, to be greeted by Colby dog, and Big Rio, Bandit,
Tiny Treasure, Jasper and the rest of the Himberger Clan, finally.  Maru
has a loving home, Gerri making many self sacrifices, to care for Maru,
and the others, who came to share their home with her in Colorado
Springs.

Please, send Gerri some thoughts to help her, she really loves Maru, and
this parting is going to be long suffering.  Gerri and I had discussed
Maru's condition many times and we knew she would let her know when she
was ready, to part this earthly realm.  Maru, had the best of the world,
having play time in the park with her sister Maggie, and new found
sisters Callie and Keehli, and doggy sisters Mattea and Torrie.  She
loved her crunchies, and soup.

Gerri is on her way to the veterinarian at this moment.  She will call me
when she gets home.  WE all know those heart twisting moments, and now it
is Gerri's turn.

Please Sandee/Sara Ferret, be on the look out for a little sable female,
who's mommy says she looks like a tick cause she got so fat from the
pred.  She will be wearing a collar with a red heart ID tag with her
name and phone number on it.  She never left home without it.

Please send Gerri some comforting thoughts @
[log in to unmask]   she is going to need a lot of support.

Sandee & Sara Ferret,
If you see a coat / sweater sleeve outside the bridge, that is Maru's.
Please bring it with her, and hang it, as she loved her coatsleeve rides
with her mommy.  She would shop and ride.  It will have to hang from the
Fruit Crunch tree, till her own mommy can get the sleeve back, when she
herself crosses over that bridge to be with everyone.

Maru was 3 years old, rescued from the Humane Society as a baby,
frightened as she was.  She leaves behind Maggie, Callie and Keehli.
Keehli who will be lost without her Maru.  Big Aussie Sisters, Mattea and
Torrie.  Most of all, her mommy who loved her so deeply.  Maru's favorite
place, besides her hammock, was to ride inside the coat/sweater sleeve of
the garment her mommy was wearing, as they ventured out into the great
big world.  Maru's life was an adventure!  Just aske her mommy sometimes
about her.  Maru also had a great opportunity, to realize her potential
as a ferocious ferret, once frightening a gentleman from India, who was
interested in the vacant apartment next door... backing him up against
the wall of the hallway.  Little tiny, ferocious Maru!  Maru, the
Mankiller , we had a good laugh on that one.  Is there a sand box and
a scoop at the Rainbow Bridge, we would hope so, for that is a special
thing for Maru, she will tell you what it is needed for, and those
majestic mountains, and the trees, to climb, and places to explore.
Maru the adventurer, she was.  Make sure that she always has her collar
and ID tag, as she was the explorer.  Stair steps , leading to where ever
for her to run up and down also, we may have to build an apt.  complex
just to keep her busy, while she waits for her mommy and sisters to join
her and the rest of the Himbergers.  Be Free little Maru, you are loved,
and always will be.  Watch over and guide your mommy, as she cares for
the wee ones still with us on this earth, who are so special.

Maru Himberger
March 25, 2004
You are 1 with the universe now, you always were.