From:
Jon & Veda Chalmers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:38:00 -0600
I used to watch the View occasionally before the ferret bashing incident.
Whenever they have animals of any sort on the show, Star Jones hides
either in her dressing room or sits in the audience far away from the
stage.  She has a serious phobia about most if not all animals and has
mentioned being afraid of dogs.

I don't care for Mark Malone's style.  He often shows a large group of
animals together.  He may be Dr. Doolittle and instinctively know when a
predator is going to pounce, but it is an extremely bad example.  Ferrets
may play well with dogs and cats, but their instincts tell them to eat
the parakeet and the hamster.  I have strict rules in my house about
doors to certain rooms being shut when our ferret is running to avoid
stressing the prey animals in our home.  He gives excellent advice,
especially concerning bird care, but sends the wrong message visually.

I do hope the View did have something positive to say about ferrets.  I
am surprised daily that there are people who have never seen a ferret.
The pharmacy tech asked me last night when I was getting a pediapred Rx
filled what exactly a ferret is.  As she was an older lady, I chickened
out and said they are a cousin to the otter instead of gleefully telling
her it was a domesticated wheeezle.

Veda