Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:15:33 EDT
First off, I've been on the list for many years and am very aware of the
situation in Ca.  I can also understand somewhat what it has to be like
trying to care for an animal you love in a place where they are illegal.

I run a shelter 8 miles from a FFZ.  Why do I run a shelter, because I
love these animals.  All of them.  I get many calls from people who want
to adopt and live in the FFZ, but I will not adopt out to them.  This FFZ
isn't strict like Ca., they don't put them down either, the chances are nil
that they will even get caught but I won't do it.  Why because I love these
animals.

From what I understand there is a licensed shelter in Ca.  That would be my
first step if I decided to take in ferrets.  If not, I'd get them the heck
out of Ca.  ASAP.  All Californians need to fight the good fight - legally.
Not doing so legally doesn't help the situation.

I feel for these animals that get confiscated.  I'm do, yes they are the
ones getting the short end of the stick.  That is why, no matter how slim
the chance I refuse to let any of my shelter/personal ferrets cross over
that border.

Money needs to be channeled into CFL to get these animals legal.  Writing
needs to be done.  People - please, donate your time if you live in Ca.
The time is now.  I'm on what feels like the other side of the world from
you.  But I've done some things to help in a very small way.

Mountain Mark - sorry if I hurt your feelings.  I do understand what it's
like to take in an abused or hurt or sick ferret.  Do it often.  I just
wouldn't gamble with their life.  Your heart was there, I can see that.
It's a shame you got caught.  Keep fighting for that legalization.

Faith