From:
John Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 05:29:32 -0400
Since 1988, thought it was `92, when I acquired my first ferrets, they
came as 'gifts' from my animal loving sister.  I was in an apartment that
allowed no pets, and 'Ruth' said they don`t make any loud noise, and the
landlord won`t even know they`re there!  There were 3, ALL Marshalls,
which I didn`t even realize meant anything, till I joined the FML.  I had
simply remembered their "Tattoos" they had when we got them.  They died
at ages of 5, 5, &6...Not too bad for a first time fert owner!...

I learned a lot after those three,....First being that I should have
joined & read the fml about 1 year before obtaining the ferts!!...

Oh well,...of the 5 that I have now, 1 is a 7yr old Petco, healthy, NO
TATTOOS thank God, and the rest are rescues....two are under 1.5yrs old,
one 6, all Healthy!,... and one TATOOED, adrenal, w/Insulinoma -(My
"Lukey" you might remember), 7yrold....I`m glad to see that his care has
kept him with me for 7, so far, years.....

I really do wonder where my 4 who are NOT 'marked' for an early exit,
came from?..2 albinos, 1dew, & 2 sables,..one large & one tiny!... I
only Wish ALL of the ferrets that have & still do, own me, never had
any tatoos at all, especially the big "M",...for MARKED FOR TROUBLE....
(some of you may have owned "Marshall" ferrets, and had good luck with
them living to a ripe, old age....bravo!...I wish it were the norm!....)

peace, & Dooks....
John Rich & the n.j. gang, USA.

"The average Dog, Ferret, & Cat, are nicer than the average human"!.....
john rich <[log in to unmask]>