From:
Julie Guardino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 13:18:51 -0600
Today (wed) in Ann Lander's column someone wrote in to tell how her ferrets
were taken away by the California fish and wildlife dept stating that they
are illegal.  She was grief stricken and was wanting to somehow convey to
these idiots that ferrets are domesticated pets not wild animals.  I don't
have the column in front of me here at work but Ann Landers response was
something to the effect that the California fish and game must have good
reason for their laws and she wasn't going to challenge them on anything.
She then suggested that this person "replace" their ferrets with cats or
dogs.  I know there are many of you who are much better informed on this
issue in California and want to ask that as many of us as possible write to
Ann Landers to "educate" her on the domestic ferret, that it is only a pet
not a wild animal!  I can't imagine what I would do if anyone tried to take
my sweeties from me.  I'd show them who the real wild animal was, ME!

Julie and the four sweetest, kissyist, huggable little fuzzbutts that you'd
ever want to see!