From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 16:27:38 -0500
I want to say congratulations and thank you to everyone who helped to make
these new quarantine guidelines happen.  Make no mistake, the science of the
studies was also necessary, but it wouldn't have happened so quickly as it
did without the pressure and publicity from the ferret community.

Everyone who wrote a letter, sent a fax or email, or made a phone call
helped to make it happen.  Congratulations and thank you!

Many people devoted countless hours of their time to try to save ferrets
lives and to keep the information flowing to all of us so we would know how
to make our voices heard.  Many have spent money they could ill afford on
phone calls, mailings, travel and other efforts.  Congratulations and thank
you!

But special thanks and congratulations go to Bob Jacobs and Kathy Zimmer.
They perhaps of all of us sacrificed the most.  They lost their home, jobs,
personal possessions and even some friends.

They gave this fight a name: Kodo.  Kodo brought us together, gave us a
focus for our energies, made our efforts known to the world.  But don't
forget it was the determination of Bob and Kathy to save their pet that made
this happen.

Many of the recent posts about the new quarantine guidelines mention Kodo,
and give praise and thanks to him.  You should be thanking Bob and Kathy,
and you should be grateful to them for their courage and strength.

To me, they are true heroes.

Linda Iroff