From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2005 23:01:06 EST
I've spoken to aol tech help about the issue of so many emails bouncing
back from my addie to senders.  This has become a serious problem.  We've
tried settings and strategies from my end.  But as I understand others
are having problems getting through to other aol addies besides mine.

AOL tech support asks that you please write your
postmaster@yourdomainname (example if I was to email my own postmaster
I'd address it as [log in to unmask] ).

Tell them that aol has bounced back messages that you have sent to my
addie and that aol tech support has requested that you/we contact them so
that your server will communicate directly to the aol server to clear up
any problems.  Copy paste the exact text message that you get back from
your bounced mail or mailer demon.  They need to know the exact message.
The key to solving this problem is putting it into the hands of the
postmasters of each provider having issues with each other.  I know it's
a lot to ask.  But I've tried everything in recent months, and this past
week it's been very bad.  If I had the exact text of the bounced mails
people get back, then at least I'd have something to provide the aol
postmaster with, but I don't.  So when you get things that boucne to me,
could you please send it on to your postmaster and to me (or to the aol
postmaster)?

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com/

[Moderator's note: The trouble is that when mail to AOL disappears there
is no bounce.  AOL just swallows it up and neither the sender nor the
recipient knows a thing.  The first-level AOL support people don't know
this; the second level won't admit it.  Their postmaster department will
sometimes speak more openly, but only to other postmasters.  BIG]