From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:16:04 -0400
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone else has run into a problem like this: My
fiance was trying to get renters' insurance today and was turned down.
The reason: we have ferrets.  Apparently, the company doesn't want to be
liable *in case the ferret attacks someone*.  Not even any mention of
property damage or odor problems.  Attacks.  Apparently the agent pulled
out a list of reasons they won't cover someone.  On in were several
breeds of "vicious" dogs.... and FERRETS.  I just blew up when I heard
that.  She said we'd get turned down for homeowner's insurance, which
we will eventually want, for the same reason.  Has anyone else heard of
this, and if so what can you do?  Do we just not tell them?  When my
fiance protested she apparently said something like "well, the rules
are there for a reason." Sheesh.  And here I thought we were making
progress.  I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot,
Rachel and the three vicious attack ferrets