Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 08:52:40 -0500
Hello all my ferret lovers,its me Michele giving an update on Bandit who
was just diagnosed with insulinoma last month..  I had a big scare
yesterday morning.but this time since I have a new vet he called me back in
five minutes from his pager...wow I am impressed..  Seems that Bandit had a
small seizure and even though I had given him his prednisone of .4 cc's he
started having panting and drooling an hour after I gave him his med..I
never was told what to do but my new vet stayed on the phone wile I made
a mixture of karo syrup and water and gave some to Bandit..  I now must
increase his prednisone to .5 cc's twice a day and I am really worried
about this..  I understand there will come a time when any amount of
prednisone will no longer work for my Bandit..I just didn't think he would
have to have his dosage increased after only one month..Since I am posting
here if anyone has had a similar situation,please feel free to email me
I need some support as today I am still very upset that soon Bandit will
exceed this maximum dosage and since he is my first baby that has
insulinoma I have nothing to compare the dosage with..I know every ferret
reacts differently to prednisone and I understand this medicine doesn't
stop the tiny tumors in the pancreas but I was told this med.  helps
regulate the over abundance of insulin and there will come a time when it
wont work anymore..  I just pray that Bandit will do well for a longer
period before his dosage needs to be increased.  Like a few months or
more..So if anyone has a ferret that has insulinoma and has had the same
concerns or has more information please feel free to email me..  I just
joined the adrenal/insulinoma digest but they don't post everyday..I did
learn allot from that group as well as from here..  Thanks again for
letting me ramble a bit,its just that I am so upset over Bandit having
another seizure again after being seizure free for a month..

Michele and Bandit thank you :>)

"Without love our life is... a ship without a rudder... like a body without
a soul."