From:
Nikole Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 09:38:39 -0500
Hello!!  I want to say Thank You to everyone that replied to my message for
help last week.  I got a lot of helpful tips that have already made a major
difference.

I also wanted to look into adopting him a play mate.  I work full time so I
am not home during the day so I think a friend would be good for him, and me
of course :-) He isn't aggressive at all with people and he doesn't even try
to go near our two parakeets when we let him upstairs so I think he will get
along well with another ferret.  I have no idea how the adopting process
works though so any information would really help.  I am in Annapolis, MD.
Does anyone know of any shelters around my area??  Biscuit is a one year old
male who loves to play.  Please email me with any information you have.  I
am anxious to get him a playmate.

Biscuit's cage has the regular ground level with his water bottle, food,
blankets/pillow cases and stuffed pig but it has the cage part that he walks
on and then underneath that there are some sheddings underneath to soak up
the waste but he doesn't feel them, he only feels the wire.  I feel like his
paws probably hurt from walking on that so I wasn't sure if I should take
that out and let him walk on the sheddings or take that and the sheddings
out and put rug down and/or more blankets or just leave the cage part in.  I
want him to be comfortable and personally I think that walking on wire
wouldn't be.  Is kitty litter better than sheddings for ferrets in general??
I just don't want his little paws to hurt :-(

Thanks a bunch!!!!

Nikole & Biscuit