From:
Charleen Schuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:13:39 -0700
Ok Bill, you are right on the colors.  I have found that most of Charlie
Herring's ferrets were just the normal colors that everyone sees, she just
gave them fancy names to get more money for them.  For example, "Honey
Caramel", is really just a Chocolate Sable, Both Cinnamon Bear and MaryJane
were suppose to be "Honey Caramel" and they really are just your normal
gorgeous Chocolate Sables, that both won ribbons at the 2nd "Seattle ferret
show that was put on by Legion of Superferrets in "l999".  My Demi Gegus
is a beautiful black sable.  My Silver Mit, Ashes, is just a regular light
handsome male.  Crickett, is my Silver Panda that I got from Charlie
Herring and paid the most for, She told me he was a black Panda and was not
deaf.  He is completely deaf and is my smallest male.  Crickett is adorable
and is a very loving happy ferret.  None of the ferrets I got from Charlie
Herring has biting problems, but I do know of two in the Washington Ferret
Shelter at this time, that are very bad biters, and no matter what we do,
so far we have not been able to get them to stop.  Therefore, they have not
been adopted yet.

Bob Church, just wanted to let you know that here at the Washington Ferret
Shelter, we have around 30 ferrets.  Just this past couple of months we
have been getting more ferrets that are in need of surgeries.  As most
shelter operators know many people turn their ferrets over to shelters
when they find out that the ferrets need medical care.