From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2008 03:05:29 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge and SaraFerret was playing with de
kits, Serena and Isabel in a field of daisies. Den dey all decided to
start making daisy chains and gues who dey all started putting de
chains on. Why of course, good old SaraFerret! First one chain, then
another, until she ended up with who knows how many--she could barely
move. At dat moment, Mimi (de little girl courier) flew up with an
important note. Mimi just looked at SaraFerret as if she was used to
her being in dese odd positions and said,

"SaraFerret, sorry to interrupt you, but this is an important note. A
fuzzy is getting ready to cross the bridge. By the way do you want me
to help unwrap you from those daisy chains? Do you want me to get the
fuzzies to meet with you?"

Well poor SaraFerret accepted her help and most of de chains were
unwrapped and she read de note and sent Mimi on her way to fetch de
fuzzies. Off SaraFerret went with some of de daisy chains still
attached.

I was just in time to meet de silver mitt fuzzy with a dark silver
heart on his head carrying a small backpack. I introduced myself, "Hi I
am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow Bridge.
Dis is your new forever home." And I slipped one of de daisy chains
over his neck in welcome.

He grabbed me and hugged me and said, "My name is Denver and I belong
to Mommy Linda. Thank you for the welcome. I was feeling kinda lousy
so I went on this long trip until I got here, but I feel lots better
now so can I just turn around and go back home to Mommy."

"Fraid not Denver. Dis is your home now. Once you cross dat bridge,
dere is no going back. A fuzzy's life is meant to be danced with joy
and once we can no longer dance we must cross de bridge of no return.
But dere be lotsa fun and games and lotsa friends dat you might already
know. And I notice dat you have a nifty heart on your head and you are
carrying a nice backpack. D'ya wanna share anything about things?"

Well Denver was kinda confused by den. But den he remembered something
about what he had been told about his silver heart. "Oh my heart, de
Creator gave me dat because He gave me de gift of love. I love
everyone, fuzzy and human alike. I never bites anyone. I always love
Mommy and de other fuzzies all the time. I wonder if Mommy knows
where I am. As to my backpack, I can open it, but I have to be really
careful." He unzipped it and took out a small cloth bag and whispered,
"Dis is a small piece of Mommy's heart. I don't think she will miss it,
because her heart is so big. And then there are a few of the last tears
Mommy cried for me and then there is a bit of her kisses in there. So
if I open the bag, I will lose it all." Den he stuffed everything back
inside his backpack. (You see unlike humans, ferrets can take
everything they can stuff into their secret backpacks when they cross
the bridge).

I told Denver I was sure his Mommy knew where he was and he would be
in for a surprise later on. But den he noticed my wings and exclaimed,
"What are those things on your shoulders?" "Oh dese are wings," I
replied. "You will get a pair of dese too. Dey are great for flying
about de clouds."

So off we headed down de path but on de way we met Max, his old buddy.
REUNION TIME! Denver was so happy, someone he knew, now he wouldn't be
alone here. We continued on down de path, de three of us toward de Wing
House where de wings were stored. We opened de door and on de counter
was a big box (of course). Denver opened de door and took out his
wings--Sapphire Blue. I helped him on with his wings and Max adjusted
his halo. He ran to de big vanity mirror and gazed at his reflection
and smiled at de handsome silver mitt fuzzy he was. Den he turned to
me and said, "Gee I wish Mommy could see me now." Den I gots an idea.

We opened de door and dere were three more fuzzies carrying a cardboard
sign, "Welcome Denver." Dere was Monica, Noah and Nickolas, oh my was
Denver so surprised. "How did they know I was coming?" he asked. "Oh
we has our ways." I replied.

Den all of us went down de road toward de Misting Pond and sat down
beside de cool clear water. With one swish we saw a vision of Mommy
Linda and her fuzzies appear. Oh everyone got so excited and Denver
started waving and dooking with all of his might. "Mommy Linda, I am
home now. I feel better now. I has wings now and I can fly. Max and de
other fuzzies are with me, so don't worry about me cause I have friends
with me. I love you so much. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for
being there with me."

Den he began throwing hugs, kisses, and took his daisy chain from
around his neck and laid dem carefully on a nearby shooting star which
was headed to your house and by de time you should read dis it should
have reached you. And with another swish de vision was gone.

Den we all left dere and headed down another path toward dere cottage
where a big party was planned. I could already hear de music playing. I
knew de food was laid out. I was invited, but I had kits to care for.
So I said my good-byes. As we parted ways, Denver gave me a big hug,
and I saw his dark silver heart shining ever so bright.

So ended another greeting at de Bridge.

SaraFerret, bridgegreeter