From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 1995 03:13:28 -0800
I think it would be really nice to post the FML on in the pets newsgroup.
I do think that if this happens all of the addresses in the header of
each letter should be deleted in order to allow the current subscribers
to enjoy the cosy atmosphere of the FML.  If someone posts their email
address in the body of a letter, well I'll leave that for y'all to
decide, but I don't think that would need editing as we all have the
choice not to include our address in the body.  Right now I post anon due
to CA legislation, but if that changes in February (we have a vote coming up)
I would like to receive email from FML subscribers, but would not
aprreciate the potential volume of mail and possibly spams/flames that
would come from the newsgroup.  I realize that everyone on the newsgroup
would be able to subscribe to the FML and thus receive our addresses, but
that would be ok and even beneficial to us as long as our email addresses
aren't posted in the newsgroup itself.  I doubt that most people who will
abuse the newsgroups would take the time to subscribe and if they did
their inappropriate posts could always be edited before delivery of the FML.

                                                Jim & Nikki the Ferret