From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 07:36:22 EDT
PETCO

Just wanted to let everyone know that PetCo DOES contribute to shelters.  I
recently had Christmas arrive in the summer at my house.  We live near a
local PetCo Distribution Center.  One of the people that adopted from me
has a friend that works there in the returns department.  They DO donate
items such as dog beds which have become dirty, bags of litter which have
broken open, bags of cat and dog food which have broken open, etc.  We got
over 100 lbs of "Yesterdays News" and similar litters, over 200 lbs of clay
litters, about 100 lbs of cat food which had ripped open, several dog beds,
some water bottles which had been taken out of their packaging, the list
goes on.  We waded through it, and what we couldn't use was donated to other
shelters for cats and dogs and the like.  If you are a shelter, you can
get involved in the program.  They require that you provide a tax ID or
Not-For-Profit exempt number.  Something to prove your status as a shelter
as opposed to being someone who owns a bunch of pets.

IRELAND QUARANTINE

I am under the impression that it is the same as the UK's, although I don't
know that for sure.  I would suggest you call the Irish Consulate in NYC to
get more information.  They will also be able to help you find a quaratine
facility that will accept the ferrets (not all will).

-Anne