From:
Lisa Leidig - Ferret Rescue of Tidewater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 17:30:05 -0400
gotta tell ya'll my story - I had some people who wanted to come & visit --
no problem let me just straighten up a little (ok, ok, I had to clean a
corner or two and vacuum).  Anyway, we have a room that has just been
cleaned very thoroughly (corners scrubbed, etc.) and didnt want any ferrets
in there - so we put up a "wall" -- a piece of plywood about 2 1/2 feet
high, with deadbolts that go into the molding to hold the wall in place.
Well, I was moving a litterbox and in a bit of a hurry, and WHAM!!  I hit my
foot on the top as I was clearing it -- scraped skin off the tops of my last
three toes, and began hopping madly on one foot, saying lots of no-no
words!!  Then I hear 15 ferrets softly snickering and dooking at their mom.
I can not believe that after all I have done for them that they would resort
to picking on me durin my hour of need!!!  I guess that I have to
understand, it must have looked pretty funny, a woman dancing on one foot
holding a litterbox!!

So I go to the people vet (what do they call them, Doctors?) and what do ya
know - I broke one of my toes!!  The other two are very badly bruised.  My
toes have to be taped together for the next two weeks!  NOW the ferrets are
really laughing!  I guess I should be grateful that I have provided my
babies some entertainment.

Mo Maggie - a woman after my own heart - I always enjoy reading your posts -
it must be a "Southern Lady" thing - I oftentimes have to explain to people
that my sarcastic streak is approximately one mile wide, although I never
thought to forewarn anyone beforehand - your manners are so impeccable!  I
am thoroughly humbled by your generous nature, warning those silly people
ahead of time that you may be sharpening your wit (and your tongue!) with
their antics and those of the general public - I curtsy in your general
direction (a Monty Python slant).  Laughing as I pick up the pain meds a
very painful limping Lisa.

Happy Ferreting!

Lisa