From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 04:57:51 EDT
I started reading this with a child in mind.  By the second and third
stanza I was thinking of my ferrets babies as well......

Before I was a Mom

Before I was a Mom - I slept as late as I wanted and never worried about
how late I got into bed.  I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday.

Before I was a Mom - I cleaned my house each day.  I never tripped over
or forgot words to a lullaby.  I didn't worry whether or not my plants
were poisonous.  I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom - I had never been puked on.  Pooped on.  Spit on.
Chewed on.  Peed on.  I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.  Before I was a Mom - I never held down a screaming
child So that doctors could do tests.  Or give shots.  I never looked
into teary eyes and cried.  never got gloriously happy over a simple
grin.  I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom - I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't
want to put it down.  I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
when I couldn't stop the hurt.  I never knew that something so small
could affect my life so much.  I never knew that I could love someone so
much.  I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom - I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside
my body I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.  I
didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.  I didn't know that
something so small could make me feel so important and happy.  Before I
was a Mom - I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10
minutes to make sure all was okay.  I had never known the warmth, The
joy, The love, The heartache, The wonderment or the satisfaction of being
a Mom.  I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a
Mom.

Send this to someone whom you think is a special Mom or Grandma.  I just
did.  And remember that behind every successful mother........... is a
basket of dirty laundry.  (I bet you weren't expecting that!)

[MA]