From:
"R. Worthing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 05:30:52 -0700
While I've kept quiet on many of the topics that have come up lately, I
must comment on a couple of issues...

 Becki Wolfe said in part:
>..."I for one will never understand how a person could think that
>hair-less furniture, spotless floors, and windows without nose smears
>on them, could possibly be more important than the joy and love, and
>comfort, and just plain fun, of having animals in our lives."

I am an animal person.  I have 11 cats ranging in age from 4 months to 14
years old.  My windows are covered with nose prints, my floors are dirty
and since the other day, the floor is covered with PAINTED kitten paw
prints after the kitten jumped directly into the paint pan (while I was
painting) and then proceeded to run all over the house.  Thank goodness I
have hardwood floors!  No meal is complete in our house without at least
4 cat hairs in your food!  The corners are havens for "dust bunnies"
comprised mostly of cat hair.  HOWEVER, there is a distinct difference
between having to clean up a mess than having your furniture destroyed,
your carpet dug to the plywood, etc.  I don't mind washing windows or
vacuuming.  I DO mind buying new carpeting, replacing sofas that have
holes in them and are filled with poop.  We work hard for what we have
and take pride in having fairly nice furnishings.  Our home is our haven
in this world.  It's our "castle" and our safe place.  It's filled with
love and shows our hard work.  It is a PRODUCT of the long hours we put
in working for others (I am in nursing).  I am an animal lover through
and through BUT I also have pride in my home.  It IS possible to have/be
both!

Regarding the Verizon fray, I must be in the minority as I found it
to be humorous.  I think many people are over-reacting to it.  It's
preposterous that a ferret would be in a staring contest and then leap
at someone's tongue and latch onto it.  It's equally preposterous that
someone who is in the unlikely predicament of having a ferret attached
to his tongue is going to use a CELL PHONE to call for help!  I say,
"Lighten up!  and get a sense of humor!"

R.