From:
Sandi Ackerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 23:19:13 -0800
Mr. Tilford stated:
>>Sandi Ackerman... similarly turned us away from ferret adoption.  She
>>wants to inquire about the personal finances of her prospective adoptees
[Zen stated:]
>We strongly object to nosy questions on income.  We don't even tell our
>respective siblings how much money we make.  Its not anyone's business
>except the IRS.

We strongly object to the continuation of irresponsible and erroneous
statements about how we do business!  Taking one persons misinformation and
then discussing it as fact is becoming slanderous.

>With all of the begging and other fund raising going on from the FerretWise
>shelter it sounds like perhaps you would have trouble meeting your own
>criteria.  It honestly sounds hypocritical to say "you need to have money to
>pay for your ferret" while "we can beg if we want to to provide for ferrets
>under our care".

Get your facts straight zen!!!  The Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret
House (Sandi Ackerman) is NOT associated with Ferret Wise.  We sell supplies
to support ALL of our rescue animals (not just ferrets) and have not (yet)
begun to "beg".  How about some *truth* along with your "honestly"!

zen, you may be giving away your ferrets to people who can not afford to
care for them, that's your privilege.  Or are you just selling them to
whoever has a check that will clear?  After all they're *just animals* and
when a vacation comes up and the person can't find a friend to care for him
or can't afford to pay for his boarding, or when the hair starts to
disappear off his tail that person can always dump the ferret at a shelter.
So be it.  You have the *right* to do business however *you* like, as do I!

The ONLY reference to money is in my adoption contract which states that the
adopter agrees to "provide medical care to always keep this ferret in good
health." and agrees "to never euthanize this ferret due to the cost of
veterinary care, but instead will return him/her....." And YES, if you do
NOT agree to those terms, you can get a ferret someplace else.

Sandi Ackerman
Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
Seattle, WA