From:
MistyRain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 13:17:47 -0400
Hello Everyone!

First off my name is Misty.  My boyfirend (Bobby) and I are New Ferret
owners and have MANY questions about our new Critter and how to take care
of her properly.  We got our little fuzz about a week ago and she is the
most Adorable thing we have ever seen!  She is a 9 week old Sable girl
that we have named JellyBean, she went for a three days without a name
till she raded my jellybean stash...she was a trip to watch!!!

Anyway I had a few questions I was hoping someone could answer for me...

First off ... the Fero-Vite, she doesn't like...she wont go near it...i
have tried to put it on my finger...my toe....her treats....her food....
in her food bowl....EVERYWHERE i can think...is this not a good vitamine
for her?

Second ... i read most ferrets love to play in water, just jumping in and
out or just swiming in it.....it scared the wits out of her....her little
heart was beating so fast i thought is was gonna jump out of her tiny
chest!

Third ... Cat litter, i was told by the pet store i got her from and some
ferret sites i have fun across that cat litter is a good thing to put in
her litter panas long as it was not scoopable or scented....well i have
done that and the poor little girl keeps gettin it stuck to her butt and
it makes it all red and imagenable sore.....what should I use?  i already
use soft shredded newspaper like stuff as her bedding.

Forth ... (i told you i had alot of questions, tee hee) What treats are
best for her?  i have this one called "8in1 Pro Ultra-Blend Fruit & Crunch
Treat" she seems to like it but one time when she ate it (it was the first
time now that i think of it) she scarfed two or three of the "crunches"
down and then went into a fit where she started scratching at the roof of
her mouth and sqirming around like she was gaging....i picked her up to see
if it was stuck on top of her mouth...no.....was it stuck in her throut...
not that i could see......it hasnt happened lately when i have givin ti to
her.......has this happened to anyone else?  is this an ok treat?

Well i think i will wait and see about these answers before i set anymore
out!  Thak You for anyone who will be willing and/or able to help us out!

Misty, Bobby, Peaches (cat), Felix (cat) & JellyBean (the new fuzz!)