From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 17:30:02 -0400
The particular farm that this lawsuit is involved with when discussed
on the FML has caused more flames, and heart ache than one can imagine.

During the last episodes of this place being discussed, it was
expressed by BIG (now, I am going on memory, so a little slack
please :-)) that it not be discussed any further because of the uproar
and anger it brought out amongst the members. It seemed to pit one FML
member against another, which is a very sad site to see.

I respect BIG and what he does with the FML everyday, and because of
that respect, I posted two bulletins on the shelter's myspace site and
asked it to repost, I also posted this on ClubMed, the shelter's site,
and the shelter's myfoxcleveland.com blog. Asking each to repost it.

There are those listed that should not be, all that was said was to
confirm what the conditions were like when they saw them first hand.

If you wish to discuss this situation, please use the MFRAN discussion
board, or the Ferrets Unlimited board, or you can email me personally.

If by not posting it here on the FML, I have insulted, or hurt anyone's
feelings, I apologize, that was not the intent.

Hug your fur angels.

jean

Jean Caputo-Lee
Director
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
4116 Bucyrus Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44109
http://www.ferretsunlimited.org
Non-Profit, No-Kill
216/749-3885
216/409-3849

Volunteers are the backbone of ALL shelters. Little donations add up
to BIG Miracles

[Moderator's note: Thanks for the explanation, Jean. That is basically
correct -- I did indeed ask for a cessation of Doug McKay debates. BUT,
I did invite factual news of the situation, which is why I posted the
notice of the lawsuit, which gave links for more info without adding a
huge amount of spin to the announcement.

Someone else not directly involved in the case wanted to post about
this earlier, but that attempted post called for specific action FML
subscribers should take regarding the case and I just couldn't post
that suggestion without at least the majority of the defendants
agreeing. (Personally, I thought the suggestion would do more harm
than good, but if people directly invoved in the case agreed to post
it, of course I would do so.)

I would suggest someone involved with the case start a closed list
for discussion among the defendants. Membership should be carefully
controlled to be sure issues can be discussed freely without worrying
a subscriber is really a representative of McKay. The FML is not the
best place to discuss legal strategy for a pending lawsuit! BIG]