From:
Claire C <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:03:43 -0400
On Aug 25, 2006, at 3:00 AM, John Rich wrote:
>after sending both "Medicinenet.com" & "Answers.com" similar emails
>on Wed., the 23rd,....I 'surprisingly' received a fast response from
>"Answers.com" the following day!(8/24).  Apparently, 'Answers.com'..,
>"Licenses Content" from "WebMD", parents to "Medicinenet.com".... They
>seemed very "docile" as to their opinion of my email,.  but that is
> from them, NOT from their mom & pop; WebMD!

Thank you, Rich! And all others who complained! I went to the WebMD
website to check their information on rabies, and it looks like they
have taken our letters to heart.

It now says:

"Rabies is caused by a virus that is usually spread through contact with
an infected animal's saliva.  In the United States, the rabies virus is
found almost exclusively in wildlife.  Bats, raccoons, skunks, foxes,
and coyotes are the most common hosts of rabies.  ...Occasionally, the
rabies virus can spread to pets, such as dogs, cats, and domestic
ferrets.  However, household pets rarely get rabies, due to successful
vaccination programs.  A pet that always stays indoors is highly unlikely
to be exposed to the virus."

Hopefully this will quickly propagate to the daughter sites such as
Answer.com and Medicinenet.com.

Claire