From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:36:12 EST
Hello,

Lately, I think I am going bonkers with the numbers game..I have had these
12 ferrets for a while now.  A couple months ago, I decided to let them
run the house for a while.  But, when I went to put them back in their
room I couldn't remember who I put in and who I was looking for.  This was
the first time in my life I had to make a list.  Now I find myself making
a list for everything.  Who did I put front line on who still needs ferret
lax?  When I put them outside for a while in a cage.  I always do it in
4's.  Some have changed their coats so I have to look at them closely.
Last night, I realized I am really having problems.  I decided to go into
the monkey room and give each one a hug and kiss goodnight along with
hiding treats for them to find.  There were 2 different groups moving
around in two different areas.  So, I decided to count to see if everyone
was in sight.  I counted 13.  I realized I was a little tired, but I never
thought that tired.  So, off again I started counting and came up with 12.
I stood there dumbfounded trying to figure out how I came up with 13.  I
decided the next best thing was to make sure all animals were secured for
the night and head straight for bed.  I have had ferrets for over 1 1/2
years and this has never happened before.  I had decided over 5 months ago
I would not take in any more ferrets unless it was to help to Business of
GA.  Oh, by the way my Young and Restless Actress is still eating good and
on her own.  She was recently taken off the antibiotics for pasturella.
Please keep your fingers crossed.  I want her to get better so fast, she
is such a sweet ferret.  She would make a nice companion for anyone with
children.  She was raised in a classroom with kids.  But, unfortunatly
they carried her all the time.  She is a little ackward in the walking
department.  But, she has an attitude of Gold.  Hopefully, she will be
returning to the Ferret Business of GA to be ready for adoption.  So, if
you are interested sometime in the future.  Hopefully, she will be there.
She is spoiled.  I do have a tendency to go and get her around 4 am when
my husband is gone to snuggle with.  She lays right there like a bundle of
fur dreaming pretty thoughts.

Talk to everyone later.  Just wanted to share on of my recently
experiences of goofiness.

Benita