From:
Kelleen & The INSANE 10 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 23:24:59 -0800
Hi Everyone,

My name is Rocki and Mommy said you all would know who I am:-).  She says
she tells all of you what's up with me all the times.  I insisted on writing
to you cuz I is feelin' a bit better now.  I gots lots to say and tell you
bouts so this is a pretty long letter<G> (this is your only warning.) Mommy
talked to the vet yesterday and today and they made me go to sleepy bye and
took some of my blood I guess, plus they stole some of my pee pee too!  How
dare them!  I guess it was to get me all better tho.  The pee pee test
showed it has some blood in it and that it looks like I may have me a
bladder infection.  Since the ratio of red to white blood cells wasn't bad
they don't thinks my kidney is involved.  Whatever in the heck that means!
So I am still taking that pink medicine but three days ago Mommy also
started giving me what we call a Honey Yummy!  Mommy says it is something
called Colloidal Silver with a bit of honey in it.  I LOVE THIS STUFF!  I
don't like the pink stuff near as much but I take it real good now cuz I
knows I get my Honey Yummy right after it.  Mommy is very happy cuz today I
came out of my cage much more and seemed to be feeling better.  Only part of
the blood tests came back today so the Doc will know everything for sure
tomorrow.  Then he said he might change the pink stuff to somethin' else,
plus Mommy ordered a lot more of the CS Honey Yummy yesterday so we won't
run out of it anytime soon.  She is a really good Mommy and I wishes I could
stay here forever.  Right now it looks like I may still get to stay with her
for several more weeks till I am ALL better.

Now I wants to tell you 'bouts my Mommy's most wonderful day today
(Wednesday)!  It looks like I has myself a Ferret Godmother!!!!  YAY!!  This
really great lady sent us a quite big check awhile back to help us shelter
kids.  We already thought she was great but then today Mommy got a box in
the mail from her.  In it was a stuffed Frankie Ferret for me to cuddle with
and another check for $40.  It even said right on the check "For Rocki"!
Mommy started to cry again but she seems to do that a lot lately anyway.
Everytime she gets things in the mail from her wonderful supporters she
dooks and crys, the silly thing:-).  I have Frankie right in my cage bed
with me and Mommy said she is gonna take a picture of me with Frankie and
send it to my Godmommy!  Oh yeah my Godmommy sent pictures of her two ferret
children and a card from them too.  We have decided we are going to make a
Hall of Fame for all our great and kind supporters.  Mommy is going to try
and get pictures of all the ferret children and the their people too if they
don't mind too much and put it on a big 'ol poster board with their names
and what they contributed to us on it.  That way all the F.A.N.G.  members
here can see it and know how wonderful these guys have been to us!  We hope
everyone will send their pictures to us so we's can do this.  I even said I
would help too.

Also in the mail came a big 'ol box that had the most fun stuff in it.
Mommy says it is called Clear Dryer Hose and Nico and Bobo had a real heck
of a time in it.  I am waiting till I feels a bit better to tackle that
stuff!  There was a picture of this lady's ferret child in there too!
Everyone had a ball, us shelter kids and Mommy's kids too.  Thanks again
lady!

And yet another thing came in the mail!  (see why I said Mommy had a
wonderful day!) Our dear Paw Paw sent in his membership paper and a check
for $25!!!!!  You see he had sent us another check before but we found outs
it was a traveler's check since it chose to travel all over the place and
didn't come to our home:-).  We heard that that darn traveler's check did
finally go back to Paw Paw tho so it is not lost or out there wandering
around!  Guess Paw PAw done sent us a regular check this time and not the
kind that travels around!  THANKS PAw PAw we love you!!!!!

Mommy said to us that these fantastic people are a real Godsend to us.  We
didn't have much money in the FANG fund to begin with and then to get me
better has costed us $150 so far and will be more before we ares done.  Wow,
I sure am wortha lots HUH?  Mommy said we were down to only $150 left before
all these last 4 checks done arrived.  Now we is in better shape and Mommy
is not worrying so's much about the money.  She said she would spend every
penny FANG and her had if'n she hads to just to get me all better.  She was
sad before cuz we had to wait on putting another ad in the paper and getting
proper business cards with a fert on 'em.  Now she says we can do this after
all thanks to you guys:-))))))))

Even another great thing happened today.  My shelter brother has found
himself a new home.!!!!  Well actually Mommy found it for him<GG>!  These
people called and said they live in a little town a bit of a ways from here
but they visit their parents here all the time.  They had a 8 mo.  old
little boy named Woody and he needed hisself a friend.  Well Mommy told them
abouts Nico after she grilled the poor lady with unending questions about
how she cares for ferts:-)!  Mommy does that to all prospective adoptee
parents.  Well, they done passed the test and they and Woody came over to
meet Nico.  They (Nico & Woody) did great right away and after only an hour
together they were caught grooming each other!!  The new parents want to
pick him up on Sunday Easter since they are staying at their parents house
right now till then.  So SUNDAY Nico goes to his new home!!!!!!  HOORAY FOR
NICO!!  The other day Nico even did something that realy shocked our Mommy.
It wasn't a very nice thing either!  Mommy always cleans our ears when she
gets us to check for nasties like mites.  Well she scruffed up Nico and put
the q-tip in and he, being a fairly big boy, squirmed real hard and got
loose then turned and attacked mommy's fingers she had scruffed him with.
He acted likes he done wanted to kill them thar fingers too.  Two puncture
wounds that time.  Well Mommy ain't one to give up easy so she tried it
again and this time he gots her other finger with all four fangs and chomped
down twice and then wouldn't let go.  Mommy had to scream aieeeeeeeee before
he letted go.  Got herself 7 puncture wounds for her efforts this time.
Well our Mommy is persistent but she ain't dumb so next, after a rest
period, she done used the liquid medicated drops on him and he letted her do
that.  Mommy told his new parents 'bout all this so it don't happens to them
and then they would wish they hads never 'dopted him.  They said that was no
biggie and they would let the vet do it but warn him first.  Nico and his
new bro are even twins in the way they looks and their size.  They will have
a really good life together.

Well Mommy says I done talked enough for now and need to gets some rest.
She said to tell you all just how grateful SHE is too.  We all loves you
guys more than mere ferret dooks can say!!!!!!!!!!!!  Bye for now!  TNT!!

*      Kelleen & the INSANE Animal House              *
*      President and Founder of F.A.N.G.              *
*      (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)       *
*      405 S. Orchard   Boise, Idaho  83705           *
*   I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday!  *
*   All they want is lots of love and great chow.     *
*         Idiocy is our only option!                  *
*     Dustin Hoffman from movie Outbreak              *