From:
Glenn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 11:35:25 -0700
>Comment # 4 To: Glenn Johnson - you are surely welcome to disagree and
>present your opinions regardless of your underlying agenda.

My agenda is an open book.  I want people to understand that animals are
not a bottom line on a P&L sheet, but are living things and should be
treated as such.

>You expressed your ethics and honesty when you suggested that people should
>invent stories  "I heard that..." to upset other pet owners in regard to
>California.

There is also reality.  If you want to challenge a pack of thugs in their
own back alley, armed with self-righteousness, have at it...and good luck.

>Yes, there is the profit motive
>involved.  DID YOU RETURN YOUR PAYCHECK LAST WEEK ?  Aha!!!  - you must be
>one of those greedy capitalistic people who believes in profit.

I always thought of a paycheck as compensation for services rendered, and
no, I didn't return any of them.  But I did, in the past year, give up about
$600 of my "profit" to help ferrets, the most recent being a $75 check to
some needy ferrets in NH.  A drop in the bucket compared to what is needed
to care for all of the unwanted throw-aways, but perhaps a tiny indicator
that I also open my wallet as well as.

>I will continue to love my babies (and accept their love) regardless of
>where they happened to be born.  Just my opinions.

Is it "ethical and honest" to try to turn ferret lovers against ferret
lovers by implying that the MF "bashers" see MF ferrets in a lessor light
than other ferrets?  If I were possible for me to love one ferret more than
another, I would have loved my two MF girls the most of all, knowing that
they had already been through the senseless trauma of being altered and
dumped in a pet store when they were so young that they should have still
been with their mamas.

Glenn J.
Chuki.....can we discuss my paycheck?