Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 01:54:57 EST
I have an overwhelming desire to go get this ferret myself, but the more
rational side of me insists I post here to find out if anyone closer is
willing to take him.  (I'm in Nebraska.)

This ferret moved from a terrible situation ("[...] cage he was in had
caked on filth and smelled very very bad.  They ran out of time for
him.") to a still less-than-ideal environment, and is now looking for his
forever home.  The person who took him in decided that he needed a more
experienced owner.  I expected a biter, but he is apparently cuddly.  I
expected adrenal, but he is apparently in decent health.  The reasons
I was given why he needs to go elsewhere are A) poor litterbox habits,
and B) diarrhea.  There is a possibility that the latter is ECE, but
considering that his current food mixture contains a corn based dog
food (!) I'm going to give him a little slack.  I also have a hunch that
this boy has insulinoma.

So that his current caretaker will not get flamed about the dogfood,
please inquire to me for contact information.  She is in Cincinnati, OH.

If no one volunteers to take him, I will, and would welcome any
transportation help to decrease the amount of time I have to leave my
ferrets.

Kara