Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2007 13:40:09 -0800
Nanci,

Good to see you on the FML!!!!

That out of the way - I believe that the ferret community did the best
thing it could. Those who donated and those who told others - you know
what, we might get bit in the ass later, but the ferrets need our help
now, so just donate.

Yes, that sounded bad. Still does to me. But people did donate. And I
bet some of them weren't sure if it was the greatest idea but they
did....and then waited patiently for answers.

Ibelieve that the ferret community has a great deal of common sense and
rationality when it comes to these things - but that when push comes to
shove, they will make sure things are taken care of. Now that the bulk
of the rescue is out of the way (except for the 65 now).... people can
take a minute and ask the questions they were wondering all along....

As for it ruining future efforts in fundraising - I believe that again,
when it comes down to it, people will donate if they can if ferrets
are in trouble. However, I also believe that anyone who actually gives
documentation is going to get a lot farther in the game - and from what
I have seen, most people give more than enough proof and documentation
to satisfy anyone.

Laryssa