Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 1980 00:19:36 -0500
Does anyone know who I should write to to get the laws changed in South
Carolina about the general opinion of ferrets?  S.C. is not a ferret
friendly state but they are not illegal to have.  I am happy to say that my
vet has had the first case in S.C. where the ferret was NOT confiscated to
be killed and tested for rabies after biting someone.  They held the ferret
for 30 days for someone and THANK GOD no rabies!

Ferrets are not wild and have been domesticated longer than cats!  If they
have been domesticated longer than cats then I say cats are wild!  A cat can
survive in the wild on it's own where a ferret can not.  I want to know who
just thinks up these silly rules on what is and is not a wild animal.
Probably someone that has never been around a ferret or has had an
unfortunate incident with one.  I know of more cat attacks on people and
children than that of ferrets!  If anyone can tell me who to write/call
please let me know.

Thanks, Kathy (I'm ready to fight for ferret rights!)
Sosha (I'm pullin' up my sleeves too!)