Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 16:02:39 -0600
I have a question for Pam, as well as the other folks who have made a
serious study of the relative merits of the various brands of ferret foods.
I've carefully followed the discussions posted here about various brands of
ferret foods, and gathered that the consensus favors Totally Ferret, Mazuri,
and 8 in 1.  While I've been feeding my babies a mix of Iams Kitten and Max
Kitten for years, everything you all have written has convinced me that one
of the three listed above would be better for them.  The problem is, none
except 8 In 1 is available anywhere in the state of New Mexico.  Efforts to
convince pet stores to order TF or Mazuri have been met with stony refusal.
Now I know that TF can be ordered directly from the manufacturer, from what
I've read on this list.  But adding a shipping charge on top of its already
VERY steep price just pushes it clear out of my price range (I have LOTS of
animals to feed!) My question, therefore, is about the relative merit of 8
in 1.  I can get that here (I only have to drive 150 miles, roundtrip to get
it).  Is it as good as TF?  Better for my babies than Iams Kitten?  If it
truly is in their best interest, I'll make the trip and switch them over to
8 In 1.  I guess I just want to be sure it is worth it for them, before I
switch them to a more expensive, more difficult to obtain food.  What does
everyone think?  I appreciate advice.

                                            Barbara Austin,
                                            Yancy and Wolfie