From:
stephanie mudgett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 22:00:15 +0000
Hi all,
Normally I'm kinda shy about posting.  I don't get involved other than the
occasional post about an event that might be coming up.  Since that's my
limit, I have an event I'd like to share with you:

Borders Books in Portland, Maine is hosting author Brian Jacques (spelling)
of England, the author of the Redwall series for children, on Wednesday,
April 15th from 1-3 p.m. for a book signing.  They have invited us to be
there with our ferrets.  Apparently a pot-bellied pig and other animals
will be on hand too as "entertainment" for the children.  The woman who
was making the arrangements asked if the ferrets do tricks--I asked her if
toddlers do tricks.  She laughed.

Anyway, I have never read the Redwall series, so am not up on what the books
are about except that ferrets are mentioned.  Are they the good guys?  It
should be an interesting day, as we have never been at a book signing before
(with or without ferrets).  But we always look forward to getting out and
talking to people about ferrets!  If you live in the Portland area, please
stop by--we would love to meet you.

Additionally, we will be at the Pet Quarters in Scarborough, Maine on
Saturday, April 25th from 10-2 for a ferret education day.  Hope to meet
some of you there!

Stephanie Mudgett
Ferret Services of Freedom