From:
Lise O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 06:41:17 -0700
Hello All!

Due to time restraints on a public computer, I am not capable of reading
*all* posts, but I did read something in todays post which upset me.
Evidentally, there was a flaming of sorts toward Kim of Kista shelter.
This upsets me a great deal.

I first *met* Kim when I was getting ready to move to NJ from the south.
She was one of the people who welcomed me to the area.  Then I met her in
person at the show in Pennsauken, NJ a couple of months ago.  I am a very
good judge of character.  I have also been raised by and around those who
are alcoholic and drug dependant.  I am well aware of the personality and
thought process of these people; Kim did not exhibit any such personality
or thought process of one who is drug or alcohol dependant.  She struck me
as a very kind, gentle soul who cares a *great* deal about the fuzzies.

If, and I do stress ***IF*** Kim had partaken in substance abuse (and
having a beer every now and again *DOES NOT* make one an alcoholic...if
it did, WE ALL would be alcoholics) in the past, that was the past.  One
should be seen and not judged as they are today, not any possible mistake
they had made in the past.

I agree with the person who suggested a public apology for Kim and Kista.
I'll be scanning the fml to see if this takes place.  And remember, those
who live in glass houses should not through stone (though, it does seem as
thow these are the sort of people who do throw stones).

Hey, Kim--HI, and give the fuzzies a hug for me.

Lise and the crew of five