From:
Ann Barzda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 12:18:13 -0500
First, let me introduce my new bouncing, baby boy: Shady Hollow's Reo Zorro
of Hillcrest.  He is a standard sable, unaltered, fully scented, bouncing
little boy I just received from Sally Heber at Shady Hollow Ferretry.  He
is quite the little darling, who never, never sleeps......Just ask my other
two yawning ferrets who get no peace.  Zorro, otherwise and more popularly
known as The Heathen (due to his habit of sleeping in his litterbox,
snarfing his food at top speed, snorkeling in the water dish with four
paws, a nose, two eyes and occasionally two ears, and other rather uncouth
manners) is only 14 weeks old and already weighs in at 2+ pounds.  He is a
typical baby - full of energy but empty of common sense.

He loves my other two ferrets, but they are not as enamored of him.  They
are just a bit older, and have grown out of the frantic kit stage.  So they
play together, but not that often.  My little girl, Piglet, or, The Pig, is
particularly unamused by his antics.

Imagine my surprise, then, when I found them cooperating to commit a
felony - grand theft larceny.

I keep a can of raisins on a table near the ferret room, to have it handy
when I put them away.  I try to keep climbable objects away from the table.
Last night I heard several thumps and went upstairs to investigate.  Said
raisin can was no longer on the table.  It was on the floor laying on its
side.  The Pig was standing on the bottom end of the can.  The Heathen was
tugging on the lid.

I swear this is a true story.  At my house, we are worried.  Very, very
worried.  First a raisin can.  Next the ferret barrier.  Doors will be no
problem to the clever Pig.  I guess I better start hiding the car keys and
credit cards.  I think she has plans......