From:
DeWayne Pratt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 14:32:00 AKDT
I would like some comments from all of you that are owned by multiple
ferrets.

Little Renegade made a sound the other day that I have yet to year from
his mouth.  This particular noise was in the form of a hiss but only one
at a time and rather drawn out in comparison to his frequent hissing when
he is playing.  I am aware via the FAQ that hissing generally pertains to
frustration or anger.  Though I might disagree with that definition as he
does it a majority of the time he is roughhousing, think of young pups
running around panting while playing.  He is not less active, maybe
slightly less playful but any of the time he is not playing he is running
around exploring.  Could some of you more experienced enlighten me on a
possible difference of hissing noises?  Or is it maybe he might have
something, hair or litter, where it doesn't belong.  I may be wrong but I
try to keep an eye out for him when he is out, my downstairs / living room
area is not very large which makes it easy to watch him.  He is just a
little under his poop frequency, like maybe one less the whole day, but
has not been eating quite as much the last week.  Don't get the wrong idea
his eating has not dwindled by much just enough to average one poop maybe,
could that be related to him getting distemper and rabies late last week?

That should be enough details...