From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:07:21 -0700
I have had a better time keeping up with this digest lately, but I missed
whatever post caused everyone to get all upset about ferrets and HIV.  I
had sort of gathered that half the time he's joking, and half the time he's
not, but I guess it's up to each person if they want to take the time to
figure this difference out.  Most of the time I don't.  I just skip his
posts.  Esp. lately, since they've been causing so much ire.

Anyway the reason I posted was: My four ferrets, who have always in the
past been amazingly accurate about the litter boxes in their cage, have
recently decided to be big poopy-heads.  Putting food where they have
missed hasn't worked (they've pooped in their food a couple times), putting
their blankies there doesn't work, cleaning the boxes out more often
doesn't work...grrr!  Any suggestions, anyone?  I think it's the boys,
mostly, and I think part of their problem is two of them go for the same
litter box, and only one wins.  That's not the whole issue though (they
have 3 levels, and a litter box on each level)....any suggestions that have
worked for other people would be greatly, greatly appreciated.  thanks!!

Minta
 &
Linus...why're you accusing me of naughty litter habits in front of
millions?!
Martin...it's not my fault, why would I poop in my food?  I *like* my food!
Sybil...maybe we'd like you more if you gave us more socks!!!!
Zooey...must hide CDs, must hide CDs, must hide CDs...