From:
Iceland Boy! <sjm1@[132.236.56.7]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1993 22:12:34 -0500
Hi!  Well, I guess I'll throw a message into the network here and see what
happens...

I'm planning on buying two ferrets this spring, probably in May.  They'll
only be living at home (in Connecticut) part of the year.  During the
winters, they'll be up at school with me.  What I'm concerned about,
however, is their first exposure to my family's dog.  Since I'll be buying
them at home, they'll be forced to be introduced immediatly when I get
them home from the pet shop/breeder (wherever I decided to get them).  I'm
not too keen on the idea of bringing them to a strange place, where they
don't know anyone, fresh from their old "home", and meeting my dog right
away.  She's a nice dog, but _very_ jealous, and although I'm sure ferret
and dog could get along once they get to know each other a little,
isn't it going to be just a little _too_ traumatic for the ferrets right at
the beginning?  Or am I worrying too much?  I think I'd be less worried if
the ferrets were already used to me, and maybe the house, before having to
meet the dog.  Does anyone have any suggestions, comments, or stories?
Thanks!

-Seth J. Morabito
Iceland Boy!   Making the World Safe for Iceland!    | [log in to unmask]
"Island, farsaeldafron, og hagsaelda hrimhvita modir | Llama Processing
    hvar er thin fornaldar fraegd, frelsid og        | "Fresh, Quality
    manndadin best?"  -- Jonas Hallgrimsson          |llamas since 1937!"
/*
  This is NOT A BUG.  This is a feature.
*/