From:
Debbie and Bill Van de Water <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 21:52:15 -0400
There were a few FML members that were interested in reading about the
original news report of the ferret case in NJ.  This is a transcript of the
original newscast of the story of the NJ ferret bites from local news
channel 4, NY, June 14.  (Note: This was documented through watching a video
tape, and was not received from the TV station).

Also, for your info I have not heard on the news nor read of the results of
the rabies test, so I called the NJ Board of Health in Trenton today 6/13
and spoke to Dr. Sorhage, and she told me all three ferrets were negative
for rabies, What a surprise!!!!!!

TRANSCRIPT:
[Moderator's note: Sorry, I have to delete it since it's copyrighted.  I
hope Debbie will be willing to send it directly to people who ask.  I
apologize to Debbie who, who typed it all in!  BIG]

END OF TRANSCRIPT:

For your info the first judge who ruled in favor of the ferrets is

Reginald Stanton

Morris County Court House  CN 910
Morristown, NJ  07963-0900
201-285-6414

The appellate judge who overruled and ordered the ferrets to be turned over
is

Burrell Humphreys
SUPERIOR COURT OF NJ Appellate Division
158 Headquarter Plaza
North Tower, Suite 1101
Morristown, NJ  07960-3965
201-631-6475

AS far as the so called top vet of NJ, a picture of a sign reading Steven B.
Hodes, Mobile veterinary service, Animal Hospital was shown during the news
segment while the vet was being mentioned.

Debbie Vandewater