From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 1995 08:18:00 EDT
Monica, your worst fears may be realized.  Just a few days ago ENUFF was
contacted by QUOI (Quebecois Union Oppresse des Idealistes or Quebec's
Oppressed Union of Idealists).  It seems as though they feel that the
Manatoba ferrets' (aka uberfrettchen) brawny and brutish qualities do not
reflect the refined French Canadian culture and they want to support our
efforts to distance themselves from the uberfrettchen.  They will even
overlook the long standing rift with the British and embrace BAAH.  (Ferrets
do make strange bedfellows.)  QUOI will be working on our socialization
program.  Our ferrets will be the most affectionate and kissing ferrets
around now!  Just watch any wine glass you put down and get used to the cinq
a sept.  They will even be working on the potential problem with seacows to
eliminate that.  Thanks for the heads up, Brad.  Nobody said our job was an
easy one.  (Say, you seem like an enlightened nut - are you also
uninterested in foreign ferrets?  ENUFF has an opening for Supreme Director
of Southeastern Operations.)  Our only problem with QUOI so far is that when
the discussion gets really fast, they just keep telling us their name.  We
figured that out after the 1st dozen or so times.

Jean Dook and crew did travel back in time to the Ferret American
Administration (FAA) Tech. Center.  They warned that any action at Salt Lake
City would be publicized by the onboard com gear that Emi would have.  Pekoe
would become a media symbol that would rally global support.  This would
advance their cause and sour ours.  The alternate future that would have
resulted was too horrible to contemplate.  We had no choice but to back off.
 (Edman, that was a highly classified event.  M-70 and ACO-320 will have to
be notified to investigate your breach.)   We really dodged a bullet this
time and must do all we can to ensure an uneventful flight.

They did not dissuade the research initiatives, however.  Nor have we
managed to stop them.  They continue to use ENUFF's strategy of posing FML
questions to gauge market interest.  Just recently the aspect of unknown
colors and new fur types was posed.   Why would this be asked if they were
not trying to see if they should commit to this new direction and that they
had the means available to do it?  How can we respond to this probing of
what things we don't have?  Emi and Ayumi could have given lessons to the
old KGB.  They are certainly a challenge to us.  The Prime Directive does
leave it all to us to shape the world we will live in.  The question Captain
Fercard posed to us is:  "Are you tough, ENUFF?  Then make it so!"

BTW - One ENUFF bigwig tried to save some money by buying a quart bottle of
linatone and dispensing it from a 4 oz bottle.  The rest went in the fridge.
 Well, the various oils separated when chilled and some hardened and
settled.  He tried to mix the stuff and nuke it to liquefy everything, but
once it returned to room temperature, solids reappeared.  It didn't work
well and the nozzle kept getting clogged.
   ( )--(a)
   (@=@=) \     Till next time.......Rudy the ferlosopher
      \   \
      /\ * )  \ Oh come on, just 1 phaser, what a fancy heater.