From:
Katie Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 09:40:46 -0600
NICKNAMES
Since the thread of Nicknames has been hopping about, I thought I would add
a few.  Of the two that I have George, the light sable of 8 months, has the
most.  We call him Deamon Spawn, Little Monster, and, not to bre
anti-religious, Jesus Christ, (The words JC come out of my mouth quite a bit
when he is around.).

The nickname that we have for both George and Ian is Beevis and Butthead.
Since one is dark sable and the other light.  It really fits them.  I think
that if they could talk, they would sound like B&B.  (Cool...) Although they
might have the Bob and Doug McKenzie sound too.  (Take off, eh...) If only
the little terrors could speak.

COLLEGE PETS
I had Ian when I was in college.  It was totally against the dorm rules, but
I really didn't care.  It wasn't like he was a threat to anyone.  He didn't
make any noise and didn't cause problems.  (Most of the the time he lived in
my brothers room since mine was not safe for ferrets.  My bro did complain
about litter box digging and food crunching.)

I can understand why they wouldn't want to have pets in the dorms in
general, but I think that they are a bit too harsh.  Our complex director
had a dog which bark and whine and made tons of noise (His apartment was
considered off campus).  The darn thing drove us all nuts.  And there was
poor little Ian who didn't disturb a soul living like a refugee.

While I don't think that everyone is responsible enough to have pets, what
harm can there be in a small one who disturbs no one.  Ian was a stress
reliever.  He always made me laugh and gave a few kisses.  I don't think
that I would have been quite so sane at the end of my 5th year if it wasn't
for him (I student taught and was a little nutty, especically when I was
with my 7th graders...).

Give a hug to all of your little ones for me.

Katie

--
Katie [log in to unmask]
Technology Information Coordinator/Lecturer

"'They do not die for us.  Not for us.  That at least is a blessing.'
He [Robert E. Lee] spoke staring at the fire. 'Each man has his own
reason to die.  But if they go on, I will go on.....If war goes
on-and it will, it will-what else can we do but go on?...And does it
matter after all who wins?  Was that ever really the question?  Will
God ask that question in the end?'"

                                -"The Killer Angels"
                                        Micheal Shaara