Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 01:23:48 EDT
Was advised in an email to squeeze a growth on our ferret to see if any
material would come out.  Glad we didn't do this because if she had a
cancerous tumor and we squeezed the tumor, the cancer could of spread to
other parts of the body.  It turned out to be a Clear Water Cyst.  Vet said
"this could be genetic or caused by an ingrown hair."  Ferrets can be prone
to get more cysts during their lifespan if it's a genetic heritage and do
check the ferret periodically was advised.  Once the vet aspirated the bump
it immediately started to go down in size and we were elated it was only a
cyst, not cancer.

Debbie