From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:48:28 -0700
Just an idea from a lurker, but has anyone else tried tileboard as a cage
building material?  It's used in shower construction and comes in a few
colors and textures, though plain white is the cheapest (12.99 at Yardbirds
for a 4' x 8' sheet).  It's a fairly thin hard pressed wood board coated on
one side to be smooth, easy to clean, water proof, and have the appearance
of tile, sorta.  We rebuilt our 3 level 2' x2' x 5'6" cage to have floors
and back made of this stuff, and the cleaning difference is amazing.  What
used to take an hour or so takes 10 minutes or less.  It is a little bit
flexible so it may need a small support bar if you're using it for a floor,
and you do need a saw to cut it unless your hardware store will cut it for
you.

[LD]