From:
Charleen Schuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:53:19 +0000
Good Morning Everyone,

I think its a great ideal to take a poll of how your ferrets passed over
and what caused their death:

Here in Washington I have had over 50 ferrets at my house in the past
nine years: Here's a list of the ones that came from Breeders - pet
stores as babies and how long they lived: Right now I have 25 ferrets
ranging in age from 3 years old to 8 years old.  Only Fudge is left from
my the ferrets I got From Pumpkin Ferretry, Charlie Herring, back in
l997.  Fudge still is her usual self, she has had no sickness from the
time she came here.  She still is as active as she was from the beginning
and still will not except any new ferrets into her group of now 4.

At this time I have 7 ferrets that are adrenal ( 2 from Triple Farms and
the other 5 are Marshall Farms ferrets).  I have never had a ferret that
came from a breeder that developed adrenal problems.  So far Sassy, that
came from Triple Farms and was in the Adrenal Study that Dr. Delaney did,
is still living after being on lupron for three years.  Put I have a
feeling her days are coming to a end soon.  She is 7 years old.

Valentino and Lucky are both Adrenal and are 7 years old.  They also
have been on Lupron for the past two years.  Right now it looks like
the Lupron is not working as good for Valentino, he seems to be lossing
fur even with Melantonin added to it.

Hershey is both Adrenal and Insulinoma - He is 5 years old.
Sebastian and Fritz are both Adrenal males and are 4 years old.

Mitten is from a breeder here in Washington and has had insulinoma for
the past three years and is on pred.  She has had seizures and I have to
watch her very close.

Bubba 2 is just starting to show signs of low blood glucose and is on a
low dose of pred.  He is also from A breeder and was rescued by a shelter
in Washington then came to me and was in the Adrenal study as a whole
male.  He is now neutered.  He is going on 5 years old I think.

(Ferrets that have passed over:)

Snuggles - (9 years old) from a breeder, had insulinoma for 5 years
and was on pred.  I had to put him to sleep at 9 years old because of
insulinoma problems.

Ashes- Cinnamon Bear ( 7 years old) From Pumpkin Ferretry (both
insulinoma, also had to have him put to sleep

Mocha Bandit (7 years old) From Pumpkin Ferretry (insulinoma)

Mary Jane (6 years old) from Pumpkin Ferretry (not sure died in her sleep)
Crickett (6 years old) From Pumpkin Ferretry (insulinoma)

Snickerdoodles (4 years old) from Washington Breeder, Lymphoma (according
to Doctor)

Bennie Bear ( 5 years old) Marshall Farms, Osteoma on his jaw, had to
have him put to sleep because of complications, bleeding ect.

Tinkebelle (3 years old)Triple Farm Ferrets, Heart Problems, had to have
her put to sleep.

Klondike ( 5 years old) Breeder in Wa.  Died from complications from
teeth cleaning.

Klahua ( 5 years old) Breeder in Wa.  Died from complications from Teeth
cleaning.

Bubba 1 ( 5 years old Breeder in Wa.  Died from complications from teeth
cleaning.

Buster Bear - 5 years old Breeder in Wa.  (Insulinoma)

Charleen and the Wa. Tails

[Maybe a P.S.?  BIG]:
Balou - 6 years old ( died of in sleep, not sure why!  (Marshal Farms